Friday 11 January 2013

Episode 1 of The Friday Night Knitting Club



That day, I sat in that bus, a heavy feeling in my heart, deep in thought. But before I go on and on about me, let me tell you a little something about my sit mate .A young man, in his late twenties or very early thirties, with him was his adorable son, just less of two years, his name was Ivan. A charming boy. Ivan you worn my heart over. The young boy kept stealing glances at the tired me. I must admit he was handsome too, even at that young age and the tired grumpy me who wanted to get drowned in my Von Clause Wits, Concept of War just had to cheer up and smile back, struggling to join in his game of glances stealing as his father watched us closely hoping his son was not being a bother. He wasn’t at all, if anything he helped me loose count of time.
I loosened my sit belt just to get comfortable, occasionally listening in on the other passengers conversations. Mostly they discussed politics, I subject that made me sick to the stomach. ”You know serikal is so going to win, a young man seated on seat 28 said, enyewe , his seat mate said as if to agree with him, going on and on. I wish they would discuss peace, the economy, the state of the roads in Kenya. For instance driving along the Mau Escarpment is scary, annoying and well ,equally breath taking. We were just past that beautiful and scary piece of art, maybe a discussion like that would lead to politics discussed objectively. All in all ,that is just me being a pain in the a….
Several hours passed ,the bus had gone quiet, most of the passengers asleep. I was wide awake deep in thought, occasionally making faces and sneering at those who were snoring. I wished I could sleep too, but it had been a long tough year and I needed to give it deep thought, trying to hold back my tears, each time swallowing saliva that would gather  in my mouth from the thought of how much I hated them .Don’t worry, it is not you. I am even afraid I might have been having a monologue ,with everyone thinking I was losing my sanity, well maybe, I had and was losing it. Be the judge :D  Suddenly I heard the screeching of breaks, the bus moving from side to side so fast that I almost threw up. The next time I could tell what had just happened, I was soaking wet, standing in the rain, beside a bus that had overturned.
You probably are wondering how the Friday Night Knitting Club has any relations to this, hold on, I will tell in just a bit how much comfort I have found in that club and how many mugs of coffee I have taken with those women from the knitting club after my scary ordeal.
Hey, Lillian, I just had to mention you here, you too are part of that knitting club, I am not sure you would even buy wool to begin with but I know how many times we have knit together ………………smiles. Infact, we just have our own kind of knitting club, that started way in the year 2002.Remember!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment