Tuesday 30 August 2011

LOVE

Some sang that love is the greatest gift one can ever receive from any human being.At lunch my colleagues who have grown to be my close friends were discussing this touchy issue.As luck would have, we had people who are at very different faces in their lives.Domestic arrangement ,as others may call cohabiting,married,seriously dating,having the time f their lives with different partners,single and holy while the list is endless.
                               Do not get me wrong,I do not mean to judge,have never and will never.
 The reason why I write the above is because I was left wondering if for all those that I truly care for,I have been able to show them enough love.Is love ever enough?can we over love?Differentiate love and care.
 I Leave it to you to determine and find out how much you certainly gave to that old man who shared the matatu seat with you this evening,that neighbour whose husband batters her every day,that colleague who you care less about ,and finally the special someone in your life.
                      If tomorrow never comes,is the love you gave going to be enough too sustain those who you  leave behind
Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. — Dead Poets Society

No comments:

Post a Comment